Jake H. Waskett
| Vernon Quaintance|
Brian J. Morris
Edgar J. Schoen
Daniel T. Halperin
Thomas E. Wiswell
Stefan A. Bailis
Jake H. Waskett is a Circlist member who, until June of 2012, used to spend a great deal of his time editing Wikipedia to show a pro-circumcision bias. As of early 2011, Waskett made almost 14,000 edits, more than 1,275 edits to the Circumcision article alone (over twice as many edits to that article as the runner up, Avraham a.k.a. "Avi"). Waskett's first edit to the article was on the 18th of October 2004, and his last edit was apparently in June of 2012. Waskett used to average about one edit every 1 days, 20 hours, 29 minutes and 21 seconds, for the Circumcision article. He is suspected of still editing Wikipedia under a different name to hide his identity.
There are those on the Internet who discuss the erotic stimulation they experience by watching other males being circumcised, swap fiction and about it, and trade in videotapes of actual circumcisions. Jake Waskett associates with these like-minded individuals, and participates in their activities. Some call them Circumfetishists.
Waskett is in regular contact with Brian J. Morris, and is close friends with known pedophile Vernon Quaintance (Gilgal Society creator, Circlist moderator), who was arrested for child pornography in April of 2011, and sexually molested an 11 year old boy. Waskett also associates with the Gilgal Society, who publishes circumcision propaganda, fetish stories of young boys being circumcised while others masturbate, and other materials. Gilgal Society has doctors and (circumcision to prevent HIV) researchers among their members.
J.H. Waskett is listed as a co-author with Daniel Halperin and Thomas E. Wiswell in an anti-intactivist, pro-circumcision article published in 2009 in the American Journal of Public Health entitled "Medicaid coverage of newborn circumcision: A health parity right of the poor."
Jake Waskett is not a doctor or medical professional of any kind, nor does he have any type of degree. Waskett is a 34 year old computer software engineer, located in Radcliffe Manchester England.
In the year 2010 alone, these are some of the articles Waskett edited:
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans
- Body integrity identity disorder
- Brit milah
- Carcinoma of the penis
- Circumcision and HIV
- Circumcision and law
- Circumcision controversies
- David Reimer
- Dorsal slit
- Erogenous zone
- Ethics of circumcision
- Female genital cutting
- Forcible retraction of the foreskin
- Foreskin restoration
- Frenulum of prepuce of penis
- Genital modification and mutilation
- Glans penis
- History of male circumcision
- Human penis size
- Kosher tax (antisemitic canard)
- Langerhans cell
- Marilyn Milos
- Mary Kay Letourneau
- Meatal stenosis
- Medical analysis of circumcision
- Meissner's corpuscle
- Preputial mucosa
- Prevalence of circumcision
- Religious male circumcision
- Restoration device
- Sexual effects of circumcision
- Stephen Lewis
- User talk:Jakew
- User talk:Jayjg
- Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion
- Wikipedia:Editor assistance/Requests
- Wikipedia:Neutral point of view/Noticeboard
Online, Waskett often goes by one of the following:
- Jakew 
- Jakeww 
- Jake_w 
- Jake77 
- kalamus4 
- HarmonySolo  (this user may not be Waskett, but instead someone who identified him—this is currently unknown)
Adequacy Forum Post
2001 Dec 6th
|NOTE: This does not match up with Waskett's other accounts, where he said he got circumcised in 2003. It's very possible that this was a fictitious expression of Waskett's early circumfetishism.|
Yahoo Circlist Posts
2003 July 27th
2003 July 30th
2003 Oct 26th
|NOTE: The above message may seem gratuitious, but it's important to notice that Waskett's primary emphasis has to do with the appearance of his newly cut penis ... the "look" of the thing. This sheds light on the incident, whatever it was, which prompted Waskett to desire a circumcision by age five. Obviously it had to do with appearance, only, as at that young age Waskett couldn't have been aware of any "studies" which recommended circumcision.|
2003 Nov 3rd
2003 Nov 4th
2003 Dec 25th
2003 Nov 16th
|NOTE: In King's previous message he states his disgust at the reports from New York about a 21 year old male from Suffolk County who sued his hospital for their having circumcised him when he was an infant. King sums up the issue by saying that the crux of the case hinges on not whether the mother gave legal consent, but if " ... she was in a fit mental and physical state to give the consent."|
|NOTE: Waskett compares himself to Galileo.|
2003 Nov 17th
|NOTE: Waskett's message at PROCIRC seems to have been forwarded and copied at Circlist. The following refers to the now defunct "Circumcision Forum" at Fathermag.|
2003 Nov 19th
|NOTE: Midnight Cowboy entered a copy of the Aesop fable "The Fox Who Lost His Tail". The fable ends in this paragraph:|
|NOTE: Waskett was livid when he read the fable at Circlist.|
2003 Nov 20th
|NOTE: Waskett started a poll to see how many circumcisions the average Circlist member has had. The following are the results of that poll. Out of 92 responses, 36 had undergone 2 or more procedures, and who knows how many the others have had since 2003. After less than two weeks Waskett not only closed the poll, he deleted it, entirely, which is extremely uncharacteristic, as online polls often continue for a year or more after which they are archived. Evidently Jake was shocked and embarrassed by the revelations which the poll revealed.|
2003 Dec 9th
2004 Jan 16th
2004 Sep 11th
|NOTE: Believe it or not, Waskett is actually suggesting that a father have his 3 year old son circumcised for his own personal preference.|
Google Circlist Posts
2005 May 24th
|NOTE: Established after Yahoo deleted the original Circlist group.|
Yahoo ProCirc Posts
2005 Aug 22nd
Yahoo RoundHeadsUK Posts
2006 Mar 10th
|NOTE: Waskett is replying to the first message in this group, which praises him for setting up the group to advocate circumcision.|
2011 Jan 21st
|NOTE: Waskett's quotes above this one contradict his motivations mentioned here.|
2011 May 20th
|NOTE: Quoted text is what Waskett is replying to. Waskett's response comes after the double hyphens.|
|NOTE: Here, Waskett is claiming that prominent pro-circumcision proponents being members and associates of circumfetish groups isn't concerning to him. These two groups are the Gilgal Society and Circlist.|
|NOTE: Quoted text is what Waskett is replying to. Waskett's response comes after the double hyphens.|
|NOTE: Most of the circumfetish stories found on the Circlist website, in fact do involve children, as you can verify here (follow the citations).|
|NOTE: Waskett seems content in his thought that getting a sexual thrill from circumcising infants isn't breaking any laws.|
On June 2012, Jake Waskett retired his Wikipedia user account, and in August 27th 2012 he announced his retirement from the circumcision debate.
Jake Waskett's Wikipedia user profile (retrieved Oct. 2012) states:
Retired. This user is no longer active on Wikipedia as of June 2012.
On August 27th 2012, the following email was sent to the inter-circ Yahoo group:
[Inter-Circ] My retirement & the AAP's statement
FROM: Jake Waskett
Monday, August 27, 2012 9:49 PM
Back at the end of June I made the difficult decision to retire from the circumcision debate. I've been involved with it for nine years. It's been very rewarding, and I've made a number of friends for whom I have the greatest respect and admiration. But it has also been stressful, and - like many of us who've publicly confronted the anti-circs - I've had to endure vile personal attacks on a regular basis.
Today's announcement from the AAP is exactly what I hoped and worked for: recognition of the beneficial nature of circumcision that is at last explicitly stated, and a strong endorsement of the pro-parental choice position. I'm delighted with it, and feel that it should help to facilitate similar statements from other organisations in future.
So today is a good day. It's also a good time, I think, to announce my departure to members of this group. I'm not leaving Inter-Circ today, though I will at some point in the near future, but I do expect this to be my last post to the group. All good things have to come to an end.
Even so, Jake Waskett is suspected to still be lurking on Wikipedia behind the scenes, and he has been cited as an author in many papers with Brian J. Morris.
- Vernon Quaintance -- Friend and benefactor of Waskett who was arrested for child pornography.
- Discussion Page -- For anything that has yet to be added to this article.
- Gilgal Society -- Waskett associates with this circumfetish group, and is good friends with it's creator.
- Circumfetish -- Traits consistent with Waskett's profile.
- Circlist -- Waskett is a long-time, proud, member.
- Brian J. Morris -- Friend and benefactor of Waskett.
- Edgar J. Schoen -- Coauthored a paper with Waskett.
- Thomas E. Wiswell -- Coauthored a paper with Waskett.
- Daniel T. Halperin -- Coauthored a paper with Waskett.
- Another Jake Waskett conversation on Circlist
- Waskett's Wikipedia edits -- See all of Waskett's edits.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jakew -- Waskett's Wikipedia profile. 2005 Archive
- Circumcision Wikipedia article: Statistics -- See who's been editing, and more.
- circs.org -- Waskett's website.
-  -- Waskett's profile on dating website "Gaydar"
Note: If a link is broken, you will find a PDF archive link directly behind it (under the same reference number).
- ↑ Waskett, Jake H. "User contributions". Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Jakew. Retrieved 2011-03-08.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Waskett, Jake H.. "User:Jakew". Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jakew. Retrieved 2011-03-08. Archive (2011-05-13): http://www.circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:En.wikipedia.org-wiki-User-Jakew.pdf
- ↑ "Circumcision - Article revision statistics - X!'s tools". http://toolserver.org/~soxred93/articleinfo/index.php?article=Circumcision〈=en&wiki=wikipedia. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- ↑ Butler, Cristina (2011-04-15). "Moms Talk: Is Circumcision Necessary?". Patch Network. http://lilburn.patch.com/articles/moms-talk-is-circumcision-necessary. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- ↑ Schantz, Stacey. "MOMS & DADS TALK: Circumcision Gets Controversial". Perry Hall Patch. http://perryhall.patch.com/articles/moms-dads-talk-circumcision-gets-controversial?ncid=following_comment. Retrieved 2011-03-09. Archive (2011-05-13):http://www.circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:Perryhall.patch.com-articles-moms-dads-talk-circumcision-gets-controversial-ncid%3Dfollowing_comment.pdf
- ↑ Christopher P Price. Male Non-therapeutic circumcision: The Legal and Ethical Issues. In Male and Female Circumcision, Medical, Legal, and Ethical Considerations in Pediatric Practice (Denniston GC, Hodges FM and Milos MF eds.) New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 1999: 425-454. http://www.cirp.org/library/legal/price2/
- ↑ Google Circlist. Message, 2005 May 24th 12:06pm http://circleaks.org/index.php?title=Jake_H._Waskett#2005_May_24th
- ↑ "Frequently Used Expressions". Circumstitions. http://www.circumstitions.com/Glossary2.html. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- ↑ Waskett, Jake H.; Brian J. Morris (2007-05-27). "Response to: Fine-touch pressure thresholds in the adult penis". British Journal of Urology 99 (6): 1551–2. doi: DOI: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2007.06970_6.x. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2007.06970_6.x/abstract;jsessionid=16B873D15778124ECAE240DEB341BD9C.d03t04.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Croydon circumcision campaigner caught with child porn videos". Croydon Advertiser. 2012-04-21. http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/Croydon-circumcision-campaigner-caught-child-porn/story-15866127-detail/story.html. Retrieved 2012-04-22. Archive 2012-04-21: http://circleaks.org/images/2/27/Www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk-Croydon-circumcision-campaigner-caught-child-porn-s.pdf
- ↑ Waskett, Jake H.; Vernon Quaintance (2003-07-30). "Circed at last". Circlist. http://circleaks.org/index.php?title=Jake_H._Waskett#2003_July_30th.
- ↑ Harper, Mike (2010-04-22). "12". Little Mikey H – A Norbury Lab. England: Authonomy. http://www.authonomy.com/books/20510/little-mickey-h-a-norbury-lad/read-book/?chapterid=194978. Retrieved 2012-04-21. Archive (2012-04-21): http://circleaks.org/images/8/82/Little-mickey-h-a-norbury-lad-r.pdf
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Morris, Brian (2007). Vernon Quaintance. ed. Sex and circumcision: What every woman needs to know.. London, England: Gilgal Society. http://www.circinfo.net/pdfs/GFW-EN%200712-1.pdf. Archive: File:Gilgal For Women leaflet.pdf
- ↑ Morris, Brian; Quaintance, Vernon (2007). Vernon Quaintance. ed. Circumcision: A guide for parents. London, England: Gilgal Society. http://www.circinfo.net/pdfs/GFP-ENAU.pdf. Retrieved 2011-03-06. Archive: File:Gilgal Parents-Guide.pdf
- ↑ Gilgal Society - See article for citations.
- ↑ Morris BJ, Bailis SA, Waskett JH, Wiswell TE, Halperin DT (June 2009). "Medicaid coverage of newborn circumcision: a health parity right of the poor". Am J Public Health 99 (6): 969–71. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2009.161281. PMID 19372502. Archive (2011-05-13):http://www.circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:Ajph.aphapublications.org-cgi-content-extract-99-6-969-a.pdf
- ↑ Quaintance, Vernon; Jake Waskett, Brian Morris. "Sex and Circumcision. What every woman needs to know." (PDF). The Gilgal Society. http://www.circinfo.net/pdfs/GFW-EN.pdf. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- ↑ Waskett JH, Morris BJ. Fine-touch pressure thresholds in the adult penis. BJU Int. 2007 Sep;100(3):699.
- ↑ Waskett, Jake H.. "User contributions". Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Jakew. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- ↑ Waskett, Jake (2011-03). "jakeww". HuffPost Social News. The Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/jakeww?action=profile. Retrieved 2011-05-09. "Member Since March 2011" Archive (2011-05-13):http://circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:Www.huffingtonpost.com-social-jakeww-action%3Dprofile.pdf
- ↑ Waskett, Jake (2011-03). "jakeww". Examiner. Clarity Digital Group. http://www.examiner.com/user-jakeww. Retrieved 2011-05-09. "Jakeww commented on Should all males be circumcised?" Archive (2011-05-13):http://circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:Www.examiner.com-user-jakeww.pdf
- ↑ Waskett, Jake (2001-03-08 6:17am EST). "jakeww". CBS News. CBS Interactive Inc. http://www.cbsnews.com/8601-504763_162-20040065-1.html?assetTypeId=41&blogId=10391704&tag=contentBody;commentWrapper. Retrieved 2011-05-09. "the notion that the glans loses sensitivity has long been disproven" Archive (2011-05-13):http://circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:Www.cbsnews.com-8601-504763_162-20040065-1.html-assetTypeId%3D41-blogId%3D10391704-tag%3DcontentBody-commentWrapper.pdf
- ↑ Waskett, Jake (2003-03-19, 1:01am). "my reason for future circumcision". Sexual Health - Men Message Board. HealthBoards.com. http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=90777. Retrieved 2011-05-09. "it will have to be a deep cut" Archive (2011-05-13):http://circleaks.org/index.php?title=File:Www.healthboards.com-boards-showthread.php-t%3D90777.pdf
- ↑ "Infant male circumcision is genital mutilation". The Guardian. 2011-12-07. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2011/dec/06/1?commentpage=7#comment-13622577. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- ↑ Yahoo Circlist. Message #27642, 2003 Dec 9th 10:15am
- ↑ "Big Brother UK Archive". dirtymonkey151's Channel. YouTube. 2011-05-03. http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtymonkey151. Retrieved 2011-05-09. "I know exactly who he is. His name is Jake Waskett. He's a computer software engineer from northern England"
- ↑ Rightmann, Adam (2001-10-06). "Should we circumcize our boy?". Adequacy. http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.10.31.23859.193.html#84. Retrieved 2011-03-09. Archive: File:Jake at Adequacy (2001).pdf
- ↑ Yahoo Circlist. Message #27426, 2003 Nov 19th
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Gallagher, Erin (2011-05-20). "To Cut Or Not To Cut, The Circumcision Question: Mom Talk". Shorewood. Patch. http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/to-cut-or-not-to-cut-the-circumcision-question-mom-talk. Retrieved 2011-05-22. Archive (2011-05-21): http://circleaks.org/images/9/97/Patch_-_To_cut_or_not_to_cut.pdf